Monday, October 31, 2011

All Souls Night by Myst Designs


Halloween is perhaps my favourite time of the year :)

Halloween a derivation from Hall'o'eenn ("Hallow's Eve", or "All Hallows' Eve") and has it's roots in the old Celtic festival Samhain (pronounced 'sa-uin' in Middle Irish) that marks the end of the Summer and the beginning of the dark part of the year.

It's a time to light the bonfires outside so light will never falter, and to bring it home so the hearth will always shine.
It's a time to seek wisdom, to honour the Ancestors, to celebrate what has been and seek guidance for what is to come.

Interestingly enough, all the traditions of Jack O' The Lantern, gothic dressing, and so on, come from much later: either Middles Ages Christianity or even more recent, as described in the poetry of Robert Burns and John Mayne.

I love the colours of this time, all it's warm hues inviting to make comfy and cozy and just listen...
And I love the Symbolism of it.

So, from my heart, I give you

All Souls Night

I hope you like it!

No comments:

Post a Comment